Posts for tag: High Heels
Of all the types of foot pain a patient may experience, heel pain is the most common according to the American Podiatric Medical Association. The discomfort can be felt not only on the bottom of the heel, but also in the ankle, lower leg, and under the foot. Don’t allow heel pain to keep you off your feet any longer—seek professional help from a podiatrist at the Big Sky Foot and Ankle Institute in Butte and Bozeman, MT.
The Common Source of Heel Pain
A foot condition called plantar fasciitis, or heel spur syndrome, is the commonly reported cause of heel pain patients. The plantar fascia is a thick band of tissue that extends from the toe bone to the heel bone. It takes a lot of pressure in the course of a day—especially when you’re wearing shoes that aren’t appropriate for your feet. That pressure leads to inflammation and pain that can make it nearly impossible to walk, run, or even stand in place for a long period of time.
Podiatric Heel Pain Solutions
A podiatrist at Big Sky Foot and Ankle Institute in Butte and Bozeman, MT is familiar with why you may be experiencing heel pain, and how it can be eased. These are some of the most common solutions:
- Orthotics and padding designed to support the natural contours of your feet.
- Targeted stretching exercises that flex and stimulate the muscles, providing relief.
- Oral NSAID medications.
- Corticosteroid injections to manage pain.
- Surgical intervention.
Protect Your Heels and Feet
As much time as you may spend on your feet in an average day, it’s easy to forget to take care of them. Prioritize good foot health by adopting these simple foot care habits:
- Keep your custom orthotic inserts inside of your favorite shoes to protect and preserve your natural arch.
- Avoid wearing non-supportive footwear, or shoes that put a strain on your arch.
- Take a few days off and rest your feet. Give your heels a chance to heal.
Help for Your Heels
When you find yourself avoiding walking, running, and participating in your favorite activities because of unbearable heel pain, it’s time to see a podiatrist. Call 406-782-2278 today to schedule a visit with Dr. Dallin Greene or Dr. Nathan Judd at the Big Sky Foot and Ankle Institute in Butte or Bozeman, MT.